Saturday, July 25, 2009

...OF LOOSING AND WINNING

I would just like to share some thoughts about lossing and winning.

I have won contests (not always a champion but at least a placer) and lost some (judges do not like my performance or I have failed to comply with the guidelines).

I have won elections (3rd year high school, 1st year college, 3rd year college) and lost some (tie breaker elections when I was in 4th year high school and more than a hundred votes as CEDSC President).

Life is not just about winning (though I'm happier when I win) but its also about lossing. The good thing here is I know how it feels when I experience either of the two.

People might say many things about the way you've done things but it is only you who knows whether they are saying the truth or not.

We can never please everybody but we can please as many people as we want. All people might not see the better things that happened around but many felt it.

As God says, what is important is doing what He commanded us to do. If we have accomplished things not violating God's rules then we have done the right thing.

I was taught by my parents that I should not step on other people's rights. As long as I'm not violating any of your rights then I am doing fine.

Again God said, whoever have not sinned cast the stone first. A person can throw a stone upon you if he/ she believed she has not sinned. Well, in reality, some would just like to throw stones upon you even if they themselves are the ultimate sinners.

I so love what Ma'am Jen told Jessa a few weeks ago (though not as accurate as I can remember). Huwag tayong mamumukol lalong lalo na kung wala tayong alam tungkol sa mga nangyayari. Ang hinahanap kasi ng marami ay perfektong lider, pero wala namang nabubuhay na perfektong lider. At wala rin naman ni isa sa atin ang perfekto.

I'm just so sad that some people are so engrossed with themselves that they loved bullying others. What is more disappointing is that the people who would want to reform something are the violators themselves!!! That is what I hate in politics. As what I always say in QVNEYM's meetings, "Magbantay na lang tayo."

Leaders must be Idealists but Sincere. Leaders must have a high degree of Integrity --- someone who can be trusted even with small things. Leaders are Models --- they can be looked upon by their followers. Leaders must always be thirsty of knowledge and are humble. Leaders must be like Jesus Christ --- the absolute example of perfection.

I am a sore losser, as some of you might think, but hey, I learned a lot from lossing. I believed that I moved on and hurdled it all.

And the reality is, the people around you are the lossers if that is how they think of you, unless you are one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Up!