Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HOT-HEADED POTATO

The Hot-Headed Potato

Francis is a hot-headed potato. I don't know what happened, maybe my mind was a on a stress-mode due to so much activities that needed to be done.

We were having demonstration teaching last night (September 15, 2009), I think that was around 6:30PM when one student was through with it. And my students said in chorus, "Sir, may gagawin pa kami!!!" I thought all of my blood went to my head and told them that if they don't want to have a semestral break, we'll have the last set of demo teachers during that period. I also said that they should now think of dropping the course since it will be the last day of dropping on September 18.

I believe that they are now exposed to the realities of the profession. I wanted to be the "nicest" and "most understanding" instructor by listening to all of their concerns no matter how petty they are. But the fact that they are thinking that they are the only ones having to do a lot of things during that night was way over the top. I felt the unfairness of the world.

Again, the grudges playing in my mind played more than a hundred decibles. I am teaching. I have administrative tasks. But most of all, I also have a personal life to attend to. How I wish I could manage them all.

I just wish that the students will also understand me the way I understood them. I hope that I can also rest as much as they wanted to. I pray that they'll also be gifted with that one thing that most teachers have, to find and manage time effectively and to be resourceful and self-reliant.

A few stairwells to go, they will reach that door to the world of professional teachers. When that time comes, I am praying that my children will be taught by competent teachers with undeniable understanding and love for the profession and of course, children.

1 comment:

Speak Up!